Having a baby is a beautiful and exiting time, but sometimes our bodies need a little extra help to feel better. When performed by trained and skilled professionals, like our practitioners here at The Acupuncture Room, acupuncture is safe in pregnancy and a great alternative to taking medicine.
The correct balance of hormones is essential for a successful pregnancy. High levels of progesterone and oestrogen are important for a healthy pregnancy but are often the cause of some common unwanted side-effects in the mother. Acupuncture can be used to treat issues that are often regarded as part of a ‘normal’ pregnancy, but can still be debilitating for the mother to endure.
Acupuncture, acupressure, cupping and moxa can be used to address a wide range of issues such as:
- Lower back pain
- Pelvic pain
- Heart burn
- Breeched and posterior positioning
- Labour preparation (from 36 weeks)
- Preparation for VBAC, medical induction or planned Caesarean section
- Postpartum recovery
- Breast feeding issues
Our practitioners can offer
- Symptomatic relief
- Labour Preparation (from 36 weeks to encourage beneficial pregnancy hormones, aid cervical ripening and fetal positioning)
- To teach you and your partner Acupressure techniques for pain relief in labour